Raising Chickens in Your Backyard

Raising Chickens in Your Backyard
"People who count their chickens before they are hatched act very wisely, because chickens run about so absurdly that it is impossible to count them accurately." Oscar Wilde

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Petersons Peep's Peck-Peck Painfully Pecks Poor Person


File this one under ouch.

The other day, I was checking on the birds as I normally do. One of the white leghorns tried to get out as I was standing at the door, so I picked it up and held it for a few minutes. Both the roosters came running to the door as usual to see who had taken one of their hens. When I put the chicken down, Peck-Peck pecked me hard in the back of the hand and drew blood. How dare I hold one of his hens???

So the poor person who was painfully pecked by Peck-Peck was me. That Peck-Peck is one mean son-of-a-gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment